Thursday, November 12, 2009

Idea

Sadly I fell ill last week so I did not have a chance to go out and shoot for senior port, but now I am feeling much better and would be able to shoot, but it has been raining excessively for the past few days, even at night. So what I was able to do was shoot in the studio a few times with Kerry for our little side project that we have been working on. I have to say that I have been really enjoying these shoots, they are both fun and informative. We set up a flicker account and have been uploading all of the photos that we took so far. Recently we decided to shoot some product shots, and a perfume bottle and a stream of water helped to create the images we ended up with.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/manaschis

As soon as the rain dies down I'm going to get back out and shoot some more windows. I've decided that I need to gather a bigger image base before I really start to specialize and decide which ones I want to shoot. I shot images recently that were more abstract in that it was difficult to tell what the angle the camera was coming from. During the crit I received the most response from the red image where the scale of the image was questionable, so I felt like that was a solid direction to explore. The saturated light and likeness to a possible factor I felt was what made that image strong, so I will continue to go off that in future shots. I've already found a few new locations, some recommended by classmates, others found through exploration.

I think also that the images that are not of places that are generally looked at during the night are another great place for growth. The spaces that are lit for reasons other than to advertise product are of interest because they call up the question of why they are lit at night in the first place. The spaces and colors that can be cropped and created by looking at these windows is something that can really not be found anywhere else. So many spaces are over photographed these days and I feel like the area between the glass of a window and the interior of the space is an area that has not been explored all to much.

Hopeful the God's will smile upon me and bestow some clear skies upon me so that I can go out and shoot more soon, because I really can not afford underwater housing at this point in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment